





Mike and his guys friends headed up north for their annual ice-fishing trip on Friday and left us home alone for the weekend. The kids and I had a busy, fun-filled weekend together...
On Friday night, the kids and I headed to Bounce Depot to jump and slide with our friends Denell, Maggie, and Ryan, and Kim, Ellie, and Greta. We then had a pizza party/play date at Denell's house. On Saturday morning, we ventured out for donuts and a trip to the library. The kids selected a variety of interesting books, played with the train set and Legos, and rode the glass elevator. We all took afternoon naps and headed out for another night of fun. We met our friends at the Blue Line for supper. After supper, I arranged to have our apartment's movie theater play us a show of our very own. The kids settled in with juice boxes, fruit snacks, and suckers as we watched "Over the Hedge".
This morning, we went to church...it was my week to volunteer in the nursery, so Lilly and I played, while Nolan learned about the Holy Spirit with his Sunday School class. Hair cuts followed, along with their favorite lunch... Subway. We all snoozed away the afternoon, and are patiently waiting for Mike's return. Even though we managed to stay busy and entertained, it just wasn't the same without dad around. We missed him a lot and can't wait to hug him and tell him all about our weekend when he walks through the door tonight.





No comments:
Post a Comment