Saturday, January 31, 2009

Like Mother, Like Daughter









Lilly is a spunky, fun-loving two year old. She is so full of life and has a way of making everyone smile. She also has a special way about her...and this I believe comes from me. I am not so sure I am proud to admit it, but I show signs of OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder). I like things to be a certain way and I also like to do just about everything myself, because I know it will get done to my liking and in my time.
This can be viewed as a strength and a weakness. Giving up control is difficult for me...I wouldn't really consider myself a control freak, because I am flexible and like to go along with other people's ideas, but I definitely need order in my life. Mike and the kids have learned that, "Mom will find it...she knows where everything is". One of my resolutions was to relax a little bit more and remember that everything doesn't have to be perfect, but honestly, it is more difficult than it sounds.
I have been organizing things since I was very young. My parents can attest to that! I alphabetized my music cassettes in grade school, and sorted books by author and put them in ABC order on my bookshelf. The clothes in my closet were hung by season with color coded hangers and the socks in my drawer were sorted by color and style. I put things back in their cases and proper places and was mortified if anyone disturbed my madness.
Lilly is turning out to be the same way. She is very independent. She needs to do things her way and in her time. If a sock is turned the wrong way or her jacket is bunched up in the car seat, look out!....a major meltdown might be on the way. She closes drawers and doors behind people and cleans up after herself- putting everything in their proper places. She likes routine and everything LINED UP and IN ORDER!!! These photos were taken throughout the week. Every time I turn around, she's either sorting things into separate piles or lining things up. She orders us to stay away while she's doing this and becomes very upset if we mess with things. I can relate Lilly... you're so much like me...like mother, like daughter. I love you and your organized ways!

1 comment:

The Grabinski Family said...

Love it Shannan!! I can remember you from grade school too...very neat and organized! I was just telling Jennifer the other day that being a teacher seems to be your ideal job..you get to be organized and work at the same time. Lily does seem a lot like Mommy!!!