It's too cold to go outside...
So, we decided to make our own batch of Pinkalicious cupcakes!
Baker's Man
Lick them clean...
I love the reflection of her in the glass.
Are they ready yet? "Look at them puff up Lilly."We had to wash and switch out the spreader several times,
because she couldn't resist licking it.
These are Pinkalicious!This posting was inspired by one of Lilly's favorite books,
Pinkalicious
written by: Victoria Kann and Elizabeth Kann.
It was a rainy day, too wet to go outside.
Mommy said, "Let's make cupcakes! What color do you want?"
"Pink!" I said. "Pink, pink, pink!"
Mommy put in some pink.
"More!" I cried. "More, more, more!"
I gobbled up a couple of cupcakes while Mommy and I frosted them.
There were so yummy- they were PINKALICIOUS!
I offered one to Peter, my little brother,
but he is very picky and didn't want to eat his.
So I ate it.
The story goes on to say that the little girl eats so many pink cupcakes that she turns pink. Her face turns pink, her hands turn pink, and her belly becomes the color of a sunset. She takes a bath and tries to wash it off, but it won't come off. She ends up having to go to the doctor. The dr. says she has a very rare and acute case of Pinkititis. She is told not to eat anything pink for the rest of the week. She is only to eat green food. Yuck!
The little girls continues to eat the cupcakes and suddenly realizes she needs to listen to the doctor! The next day, when she looks in the mirror, she is no longer pink, but RED! Instantly, she eats grapes, relish, pickles, spinach, okra, artichokes, brussel sprouts, and olives. Luckily, she returns to her normal self. The ending is good: Peter, who was once picky- sneaks the remaining pink cupcakes and comes out to yell, "Pink-a-boo!"
So tonight, because this is Lilly's absolute favorite book...and it was too COLD to go outside, we decided to make our own batch of delicious PINKALICIOUS cupcakes. We had a lot of fun acting out the story, while making a yummy pink treat!






No comments:
Post a Comment