Saturday, February 21, 2009

On Island Time~ Day 7

Seven Mile Beach

Swim right up to the bar



Good Bye Sweet Cayman
The memories will last a lifetime!

Today marked the last day of our vacation. It was another beautiful day with lots of sunshine. We all showered a bit earlier this morning and packed up the car for a trip to Seven Mile Beach. We rented lounge chairs and an umbrella and camped out there for close to four hours. The guys did some snorkeling, while Denell and I walked most of the morning away. It truly is miles of pure white sand and crystal, clear blue water. So amazing!!! We went into Georgetown around three o'clock and ate at Hammerheads, a nice local restaurant on the ocean. I had a tasty jerk pulled pork sandwich and Mike had their fish and chips. We did a little shopping in town before we headed back to the resort. On our way back, we stopped at anther quaint restaurant to watch the sunset. It was perfect! The final Catch Phrase battle (men vs. women) took place in my mom's room last night. Men won, but that's only because the women were being so nice. =0) We relaxed and recapped the week in the hot tub before retiring for the night.
It is now Saturday morning and almost time to check out. Mike and I got up early so we could get in one last run and walk on the beach. I love to take that last walk along the ocean and remind myself of how beautiful and warm it is in the morning, because the weather will do a 180 before we go to bed tonight. We've had a wonderful vacation. More than I could have asked for really. Spending time with close friends, my Mom and Bruce, and my amazing husband made it so special and memorable. Even with everything being near perfect, I miss my kids tremendously. We are so excited to see their smiling faces and hear their innocent voices. I just want to hug them and cuddle with them again. Things will be back to normal very soon...and that's perfect too!

Bye, bye sweet Cayman...we look forward to being back on island time next time we return.

No comments: