Sunday, February 22, 2009

Back to Life...Back to Reality

I tried to relax on the trip as much as I possibly could. In the past, I haven't been able to completely do this, because I spend a lot of time missing my kids. This time, I tried to set those emotions aside, because I knew once I stepped through my front door...everything would return to normal in less than 10 seconds. And guess what, I was right on:

Shannan's Top 10 "Back to Reality" List:

10. Stepping off the airplane and filling the cold chill in the air.
9. Having to scrape and warm up the car before loading the luggage back in it.
8. Loads, loads, and loads of laundry!
7. Tons of mail to sort and bills to pay
6. Non-stop phone calls and messages to return
5. Kids fighting and whining...bending over a thousand times to keep things picked up
4. Having everyone take a second look at you in the grocery store, because you aren't the same color as those who live on the Island.
3. Updating the calendar and making sure I have all our activities covered, planning meals, cooking, cleaning, dishes.
2. Setting my alarm so I get up in time for work tomorrow.
1. Feeling the stress slowly creep back into my body... because returning from a vacation requires enough work to qualify for another one. =0)

-1. Our current temperature... me sitting here in my flannel p.j.'s knowing I need to get back to my regular bedtime routine....

No comments: