Sunday, April 19, 2009

A Date w/ Mom




Nolan is very much a "momma's boy"! He always has been. Although it can be a little wearing at times, I hope it is something he never out grows. Once in awhile Mike and I split the kids up, so we can spend quality one-on-one time with them. As much as Nolan and Lilly love each other and play well (95% of the time) together, they still manage to annoy one another; like siblings should... Mike and I certainly remember quarrels with our siblings. When the two of them are apart, they act totally different. Being alone with us, gives them a chance to have all of our attention. Instantly, the whining fades, the demands change, and their individuality shines through.

Tonight was Nolan's night alone with me, so I thought it would be fun to take him out on a date. He has been wanting to see Monsters vs. Aliens in 3D for awhile now... so off to the movies we went. We both got treats (highlight #1) and 3D glasses (highlight #2). Seeing the movie pop out right in front of our faces was pretty amazing (highlight #3). Several times Nolan reached out and tried to touch things. We both flinched, ducked, and gasped throughout the show. It was unbelievable. (I am anxious to see some of the other 3D movies coming out this summer.) After the show, I took Nolan to McDonald's and we stocked up on the Monster vs. Aliens Happy Meal toys (only 90 cents a piece)(highlight #5). He has been reenacting the movie and battling with them ever since. Not only did we have a great date, but I got quality one-on-one time with my favorite son (my highlight).

1 comment:

The Grabinski Family said...

That sounds like a great night out with your little man. That alone time with them is so special....and important too!!