Saturday, April 25, 2009

Birthday Girl

Dear Birthday Girl,


I know that time does not actually fly, and that children really do not grow like weeds, but it sure feels like it today. How can my baby be three? My heart felt a whole new kind of love on the day you came into this world. And that love continues to multiply with each passing day. I know you are right on schedule developmentally, but can't seem to grasp when your soft, warm, wiggly, tiny body swaddled in my arms transformed into this running, singing, chatty, little girl. There have been many times when I wish I could have stopped time. In my mind, I often do...to simply record in my memory the sweetness of you. Always exploring, questioning, and learning about the world around you. You add so much sunshine and joy to our lives Lilly. You have a special way of making us and those around you smile and laugh. You were and will always be a gift from God. Your birthday is really a reminder of the "present" God gave our family.

As I look at the photos of you, I see my little Lilly blossoming into such a beautiful and smart, little girl. Every day I am amazed at the things you say and do, and the grown-up looks you give. You are growing up so fast before my eyes...and although I am saddened at how fast the time has gone, I am proud that you are independent and confident. I treasure and love every little bit of you Lilly. Keep smiling, be happy, be kind, be you! Happy 3rd Birthday sweetie!


Love you always and forever,

Mom

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow


No comments: