



Today officially marks the last day of our summer vacation together. The thought of this gives me very mixed feelings. Having the opportunity to stay home with my kids is truly a gift. It is so nice to have the time to "play". During the school year, we play; but it's not quite the same. Getting home at 4:30 or 5:00 doesn't allow a lot of time to play, plus get everything done around the house. So yes, it was a gift to have that time. The kids are at such a fun age right now. I think that is what also helped make each day special. They finally caught on to the whole sleeping in thing, which is a lifesaver when you're trying to entertain all morning. They also weren't afraid and had just about enough energy to try all sorts of new things.
Of course not every day, or should I say hour was perfect. All mothers know that kids are not going to be perfect 100% of the time, or are their mothers for that matter. =0) That is what brings me to the mixed feelings part...I have to say that even though I loved being with them, I think I am ready to get back to regular routine again. The kids truthfully are getting tired of beaches, pools, and parks. Hard to believe actually, but Nolan honestly asked if we could just hang out at home this week. So today, we had what I call a "redneck" picnic. The weather wasn't the best, so we didn't think a picnic lunch at a park would work anyway. The kids and I picked up Subway (their favorite) and hung out in the garage. We turned on the radio, blew bubbles, and danced (like nobody was watching) until it was time to nap. Truthfully, it was a blast! And honestly, it will probably be one of their best memories. Sometimes the little things, are the best things! Cherish every moment!





No comments:
Post a Comment