Monday, August 25, 2008

My Home Away From Home







Today was my first official day Back 2 School. I had a tremendously hard time setting my alarm for 5:40a.m. last night, but thankfully was able to drag myself out of bed. It wasn't too bad, because I think the anticipation made it hard to sleep. I do think it will become much more difficult as the week goes on. My kids did alright too considering they also received about 2 hours less sleep. I am also anticipating that to get worse as the week goes on.
My first day was filled with meetings, small group discussions, and planning for the new year. I was able to get into my room after lunch to prepare for my new students. It looks like I am going to have a very manageable class this year. Twenty-two students will soon be filling my room with their smiling faces and energetic bodies. I am looking forward to meeting them at our Open House on Wednesday night and then starting another exciting school year next Tuesday. I have included some pictures of my classroom, because this truly becomes my home away from home Sept.-May. I still have a few things to get ready before the kids arrive...yes, another To-Do list. Speaking of To-Do lists, I managed to get everything except one and a half things crossed off of my list. Not too bad considering some of those projects led to even more projects. I only got done taking down half of the wallpaper...I hired the painter to finish it for me. That was too big of a job to tackle the day before going back to school. So I guess, that item was a bit nuts! =0)

No comments: