Thursday, August 28, 2008

Extreme Home Makeover

Edition 1:
Removed crib and all toys
Added twin bed (thanks Grandma) and bought Nolan new bedding
Made toddler bed pink for Lilly
Need valance- Target has been out of the matching one
Edition 2:
Changed print above the couch
New lamps (removed stereo and stand from the left corner)
New couch pillows (so excited about those!)
Added velvet curtains
Edition 3:
Rearranged furniture (makes the room look a lot bigger)
Painted the walls khaki
Bought new bedding (This had been sitting in a box, in the crawl space, since March)
Added silk curtains (for only $35)
Had to get new nightstands (the one I had from college finally fell apart)
Added a few new decorations (most were purchased months ago in hopes of selling)
Added the words: I have found the one my soul loves...
above my bed
Major Makeover #4:
Removed wallpaper (Actually tried to remove it myself, but hired someone to finish for me.)
Texturized the walls and painted them the same color as the master bedroom. (Sand Trap)
Bought new shower curtain (long overdue!!!)
Bought new towels and rugs
Decorations are all things I had in various places around the house

Our house has been on the market close to four months now and by the looks of it, it may be on the market a few more. We haven't gotten too down about it, because truthfully we're happy here. Thankfully, we don't NEED to sell like many people do.
The double garage has been challenging, but luckily we have been able to store some unnecessary things in my Grandma's garage. With only two bedrooms upstairs, the kids' bedroom is tight. Luckily, the kids love being together and are little enough yet to make it work. I actually think it will be hard to separate them when the time comes. (The time they spend together in their bedroom is priceless.) We make do and are very thankful to have this house.
I believe there is a plan for us, and know that someday we'll be packing up and leaving Sartell Lane, but until then...I need to be happy about my house (or should I say even more happy) and the fact that we might be here for awhile. I don't think it was something we needed to do in order to sell, but figure I am only out the cost of paint. Most of the things I changed were things I had already purchased or had in mind to buy for the new house. I can't believe I actually pulled it all off in the last week and a half! It feels really good coming home...maybe if I am excited about my house, someone else will be too. If not, I think I (we all) could be content here a couple more years.

No comments: