Monday, August 4, 2008

Pine Grove Zoo










The kids and I ventured to Little Falls this morning to visit the Pine Grove Zoo. I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice it was. The kids saw bears and cubs, tigers, cougars, a bobcat, wolves, elk, buffalo, wild turkeys, prairie dogs, an emu, and a large variety of farm animals in the petting zoo area. The animals kept their interest for about an hour and a half. I thought this was respectable since it truthfully isn't a very big place. We stopped at Subway for lunch and made it back home in time for naps.
This evening Mike and I took the kids to the wading pool and park near our house. Nolan rode his bike over two miles and was very proud of himself. Lilly so badly wants to be like her big brother and we are proud to say that she too has started peddling around the driveway on her own. Tonight was probably her best night yet. It won't be long and we'll all be biking on the bike path together.
I had to include the photo of Nolan flying his kite tonight. He has been longing to get that thing in the air, but the weather just hasn't been cooperating. I was shocked to see him gain enough speed to get that thing off the ground. He managed to get it up there with absolutely NO WIND. I guess anything is possible when you put your mind to it.

No comments: