Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Owl Fetish

Click to play this Smilebox scrapbook:
Create your own scrapbook - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox scrapbook


I guess I have developed a little obsession for owls over the past two years. It started with an owl shirt I purchased from Macy's on clearance. It was something I feel in love with the moment I saw it. I would have paid full price for it, but luckily I didn't have to. Then low and behold another one found it's way into my closet...and then another. Soon owl pajamas and slippers slipped into my drawers. Lilly's closet started filling up with shirts and jammies with owls on them too. I purchased a handbag with an embroidered owl on it and proudly carried it to my scrapbooking getaways. My scrapbooking pages feature various owls as well. I fall in love with owl paper and stickers every time I go to Craft's Direct and can't seem to help myself. An incredible owl cookie jar left the top of my Grandmother's refrigerator last summer and became a decorative piece in my kitchen. Our apartment hallway wall was the perfect spot to add the owl hanging from Grandma's house as well. (That had been hanging in her spare room since my mom was in eighth grade!) The cookie jar and wall hanging were made by my mother, which makes them REALLY special. I honestly couldn't believe it...I think they would pass for Pier I Imports, but love that they were made by my mom. The owl necklace found it's way into my jewelry box this week. The back of it is engraved with the words, "listen to your heart".
Owls have found a way into my heart.
WHOOOO wouldn't love them??!!

No comments: