Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Life Goes On...Without Mom

Though I am needed here at my house, life does go on without me. I had locked myself in our bedroom the past few days; trying to regain the strength I needed to return to my daily rountines. I can't recall ever feeling quite this sick. Not sure what virus rocked my world, but what ever it was, it was nasty. Fever of 101.9, body aches, chills, cough, headache, sore throat, dizziness, earache, exhaustion...pure misery to say the least. Couldn't sleep because my body ached, couldn't read because my eyes hurt, couldn't talk on the phone because my throat hurt, could hardly get myself out of bed. Despite my aliments, the world went on around me... and for that I am grateful. Mike did an awesome job taking care of me. Making me hot tea, getting me NyQuil, oranges, and giving me time to rest. He took over my morning routine by getting the kids up and taking them to daycare. He picked them up yesterday, took them out for supper, and spent most of the night outside with them so I could continue to rest. The kids came into the bedroom frequently to check on me. Lilly asking each time if I was better yet? It was sweet to see their concern for me. It was also a little sad to see them going about their daily routines without me. As much as I needed my rest, I so wanted to be doing what they were doing. I reassured them by telling them I was getting better. I couldn't kiss their soft faces like I liked too, but we did manage to blow each other kisses from the doorway.
Being sick really makes a person appreciate life.... I can't wait to hug and kiss my family again, I can't wait to get out of this apartment, I can't wait to return to my busy, chaotic, healthy life. Even though life went on without me, Mike admits, "It wasn't the same without mom!"

No comments: