Monday, December 8, 2008

Our New Home




We made it...thanks to everyone who lended a helping hand. We couldn't have done it without you! I have to admit it feels a little weird, but for the most part, good! It is just how I imagined it. It is truly the perfect pit stop. I am in love with the updated appliances, wood-work and hardware, and flooring. Not that our house wasn't decent before, but it was 15 years old...and I was ready for some updates. Our apartment also has vaulted ceilings and lots of cupboard and closet space. I was a little worried about us down-sizing, but we are making it work. In fact, the kids' closet is so big, that they're using it as a mini playroom. Yeah! No toys in the living room! We did put quite a bit in storage, but managed to bring everything we truly needed. It's amazing how much stuff a family can live without. Wow!

The kids are adjusting pretty well too. They've been sleeping well, which is a sign that they're comfortable. Lilly did ask when we were going to go home, but was okay with the idea of this being our home. They loved the pool...as did Mike and I! Mike has been to the gym twice already, and I am going to get there once I have all my mini projects done. We managed to put up a few Christmas decorations and will be taking part in a Christmas gathering scheduled for all the apartment residents this week. This place is amazing actually... the halls are decked with balls of holly. =0) Lots of Christmas spirit around here... yet, so quiet. I have honestly seen only a couple of people in the halls. Nolan is in love with taking out the trash-there is something about throwing it down the chute he particularly likes. He also likes to be our elevator operator. I loved the fact that my car was in a heated garage and registered 60 degrees when I got into it this morning. Yes, I think we're going to like it here. Stop by to see us anytime...the pool is warm!

Click to play
Create your own greeting - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox greeting

No comments: