Thursday, December 4, 2008

Change...is never easy!

The Move Is On!

Your last bath in this house.

Sweet dreams Little Lilly!

We love you Nolan!

A really big change is about to happen at our house this weekend. It has been coming since September, but is finally here. This week has not been easy...even though, it is truthfully what we want. Change is never easy- even when it's good. We've been organizing, packing, and moving things into storage for the past two weeks, but tonight marks the last night our kids will spend in this house. I knew I was going to be a little sad to leave, but I guess I wasn't really prepared for just how sad.
The house is full of so many good memories. It was our first house, the house we brought our kids home to, the house we gathered our families and friends in for the past eight years, a house we changed (more than Mike wanted) over the years, a house we looked forward to coming home to...a house we called home. Now, it is filled with boxes and is in complete disarray. It almost doesn't feel like ours anymore... I know these memories will follow us to our next home, but it's still not easy. Our apartment will be smaller than we're used to, but we'll make it a home. (Just think how big the new house will seem when the time comes.) I do have to admit how good it feels to clean out and organize an entire house. It will also be fun putting things away and being organized in the new apartment this weekend.
I will never forget the love and comfort this home brought us, but it is time to move on, and that's what I need to focus on. Our blueprints have been printed and there is more out there for us. The changes we're going to make in the year 2009 are going to be exciting and rewarding. We're very thankful to be in this position...even if it's not easy.

P.S. This computer is being disconnected tomorrow, but I am hoping to get back on here before the weekend is over...God knows I couldn't live too long without blogging. (Especially at a time like this!) =0)






No comments: