

On Thursday morning, Lilly woke up and decided she didn't want to wear a diaper anymore. She insisted on putting on a pretty pair of polka-dotted panties. We tried training her at the end of August, but she wasn't quite ready, so I didn't push the issue.
I've been giving her little pep talks about how when Santa comes, she won't need diapers anymore. I have to be honest and say that I have been trying to plan this potty training thing at a time that was convenient for me...two weeks off from work sounded like the perfect time to try again. Well, she actually made the decision on when to start, and Thursday morning it was.
She was so proud to enter her daycare and announce her "big girl" news. When I picked her up, she ran over excitedly to proclaim the good news, "Mommy, I stayed dry all day!"
Lilly is not quite 100% ready, as she has had a couple of accidents, but that is to be expected. I am not really sure she truly knows when she has to go, because a couple of times she told me she had to go...right after she just went. She gets pretty frustrated with herself, but enjoys picking out another cute pair of panties. If we consistently put her on every 30 minutes or so, she does very well. If she is motivated to do it, then by all means she should be going on the big potty like the rest of us. By the new year, I believe she'll really have it down. Way to go Lilly!





No comments:
Post a Comment