On Sunday, Mike and I decided to go out house hunting. At this point, we aren't able to move up our closing date (Dec. 19th), so we figure we have quite a bit of time to see what's out there before having to move into an apartment. Who knows, maybe we'll fall in love with something and will be able avoid the apartment thing altogether. Why not see what is out there?
I really didn't know what to expect, but thought I would keep an open mind. I knew it would take the perfect house to convince me to give up building the one I designed, but why not check it out. So, we contacted our realtor and set up nine showings. It was fun to be on the other side of things. All the homes we chose to view were in Sartell and in neighborhoods we'd enjoy living in. Some people went through a lot of work to show their home, while others didn't. Neat to see various floor plans and decorations. There were a couple of houses we thought we could live in, but in all honesty not quite perfect for us.
We've decided to focus our energy on building my dream home on Mike's dream land, and are having our blueprint finalized. Our next step will be getting bids on the design to see where we're at financially. We also need to close on the sale of this house, move into the apartment, and pray that all goes like we hope. Thankfully, Mike and I have been patient with the whole thing. The land has been sitting empty for two years now, if it needs to sit empty a little longer- so be it. I believe that in the end, all things will turn out the way they're suppose to.
Lovely Arrangements Bundle
3 months ago





No comments:
Post a Comment