









The kids had a wonderful time carving pumpkins this year. Nolan was able to do a minimal amount of cutting, and Lilly actually had enough courage to stick her hands in and pull out the goo. Nolan and I went online to find patterns this year and he selected which designs we should try. He liked so many that we had to narrow it down to ones we could successfully accomplish. Mike and Nolan baked the seeds again this year, and they were very tasty if I do say myself! That is typically Mike's job...he doesn't get into the whole carving thing, so I usually end up doing that part. I did get him to cut out the cat pumpkin tonight, but wasn't able to get him to help me with the other four. I have to admit, that by the fourth one, I had enough too. My kitchen was a complete disaster and why go through more work when there is only a week left to enjoy them? The kids were extremely excited to light the jack-o-lanterns on our front step. It always makes them look so magnificent when they're lit...I guess it was worth all the mess and work! Plus, it's one more tradition...one more memorable moment for our family.





No comments:
Post a Comment