


Now that the days are getting shorter, we've had to come up with some new activities to keep us entertained until bedtime. Nolan has been really interested in Math and anything that involves numbers. He's been reciting some of the basic addition facts at the dinner table, and even managed to count to 100 last night. I was so proud of him that I actually did a little dance around the living room to show my enthusiasm. He thought it was funny and wanted to do it again- just to see if he'd get the same reaction. Because he is so interested in numbers, I pulled out a deck of cards and taught him how to play "Go Fish". He caught on immediately and begged to play again tonight. I know the game isn't hard, but to actually see him hold the cards in his hand and ask for aces, jacks, and the eight of diamonds...made me feel good inside. It reminded both Mike and me of playing card games as kids. We both thought about sitting at the kitchen table with our parents, grandparents, and siblings. Kings in the Corner, Solitaire, Crazy 8's, Spoons, Cribbage, 500, and Bridge are the games we remember playing most. We are looking forward to introducing more of these games to Nolan this winter.





No comments:
Post a Comment