Monday, October 20, 2008

Feeling Festive





Nolan has been wanting to make a scarecrow ever since he spotted the ones in our daycare lady's yard. Hers are store bought, so I am not sure what gave him the idea of constructing one of our own, but hey...why not? It was a nice evening for raking leaves and we discovered they are perfect scarecrow filler. The kids loved stuffing Mike's clothes with leaves and trying to assemble him. We had two corncobs w/ husks that we used for the hands and my sun hat worked pretty well on the top of the rubber ball head. Nolan glued the button eyes and nose on, and I added the rosy cheeks and smile. He actually turned out pretty cute, considering we just used what we had around the house. I couldn't get Lilly in any of the pictures once he was assembled. The scarecrow actually scared her... she wanted nothing to do with him!

No comments: