Saturday, July 10, 2010

Water Wonderland






Check this out! I guess a kiddie pool just doesn't quite cut it anymore. The kids have been eyeing this water wonderland inflatable for a couple of months now, but we told them that it was far too expensive and probably something they wouldn't be getting. I thought we'd been content at the neighborhood wading pool, local splash pads, running through our sprinklers, and slipping on our slip n' slide, but I guess I was wrong.
Honestly, I am the one who broke down one hot afternoon. With the constant high temperatures and the air conditioner working overtime, the kids became restless. Restless kids makes for a restless or worn out mom. In a weak moment, I asked the kids if they had any gift cards left from their birthday. Both of them did, so I made a proposal. It went something like this,
"You both have so many nice toys don't you? What are some of your favorite toys? It's hard to play with all of them sometimes isn't it? Wouldn't it be nice to get something really special this time instead of adding another Barbie or Transformer, etc... since you have so many already? Mom was thinking that we could put your gift cards together to get something exciting for the the whole family. It is something that could be played with when your friends come over. It is something you could even share with your cousins. It is something that will give your mom some sanity when she is home with you each and every HOT summer day. It is the WATER WONDERLAND!"
It only took a millisecond for them to run up to their rooms to retrieve the cards. In no time, we were off to Target to purchase it. BONUS...it was on sale! The kids have enjoyed their new water toy and so have many of our neighbors, friends, and cousins. Even I took a dip...everyone is happy at our house!

No comments: