Sunday, June 21, 2009

We Love Our Daddy

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:

Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow



Nolan and Lilly were so excited about celebrating w/ their Daddy today. Thankfully, they love to give presents as much as receive them, so that was a big part of it. We had spent an afternoon last week searching for the perfect gift for him and all the grandpa's in the family. Nolan knew what his Dad would like the minute we stepped foot in Menard's. I am not sure if he was thinking of himself or Mike at the time?? It didn't really matter, because I knew it was something the whole family could enjoy together. Nolan and Lilly agreed on a variety of lawn games (Bocce Ball set, Lawn Darts, and the ever so famous golf ball on a string toss game). They will be lots of fun to play in our new yard later this summer. Mike did seem excited about them today. Nolan's enthusiasm had to have contributed. I really think it will be one of those gifts that keeps on giving. They are sure to bring lots of joy for everyone.

I know the kids love their father more than words can say. Just seeing their reaction each night when he walks through the door proves it. Mike is truly a one-of-a-kind dad. He plays like he is one of the kids. Whenever there are kids around, Mike becomes their entertainer. I often wonder where he gets all the energy, and how he can handle kids crawling all over him (literally). He is seriously a kid-magnet... children seem to gravitate toward him where ever we go.

Watching him interact w/ our children, makes my heart so happy. I honestly fall in love with him over and over again each time I see him with Nolan and Lilly. I could go on and on about what makes him the best dad in the world, but I thought it would mean more if it came from the kids, so I asked them what they love about their dad, and this is what they said:

Nolan:
I love when Dad takes me to the dirt hills.

He is fun to wrestle with.

We like to go fishing.

Pillow fights are fun.

He plays army with me.

I like when he tickles me.

He makes good suppers for me.

I love his spaghetti.

Dad finds good spots for us at parades.

He takes us fun places.

He helps me with things.

He makes me laugh.
He helps me run faster.

He always shares his treats with us.

He tucks me in at night and comes back to check on me.

My Dad is good a reading stories.

I like when he cuddles with me.

We get to go out to eat.

We like to go for bike rides.

He takes me to the park.

He is silly.

Lilly:
He lets me have treats.

He holds me.

He gives me hugs.

He tickles me.

My Dad plays princesses with me.

I like it when he picks me up from Jo's.

He is funny.

He makes me feel better.

He is my friend.

My Dad helps me when I am scared.

I love my Daddy.

Isn't that beautiful?! I had asked the kids while they were in the bathtub. This worked well because I had their full attention. Lilly fed off of Nolan's answers at times, and of course Nolan was quick to let her know that that was something he already said...so, Lilly worked hard to come up with some of her own. I am not sure how many more responses I could have received, because Mike actually came back from his run and walked into the bathroom while I was compiling the list. I thought it was so sweet to hear the kids talk about him that way...but was I surprised? ABSOLUTELY NOT! He is an amazing father!!! We love you Daddy!

P.S. Happy Father's Day to my Dad, Bruce, and all the grandpa's out there...you have not only made a difference in my life, but are also making a positive difference in the life of my children. I am so grateful for that and thank you for loving us and spending time w/ us. We are very lucky to have such special relationships w/ you!!! XOXO

1 comment:

The Grabinski Family said...

That was sweet Shannan, he looks like he's a true blessing to all of you!