





Being able to be at home with my kids in the summer is a wonderful thing. It gives me a chance to experience what a stay-at-home mom does day in and day out...it is a full-time job that is for sure!!! Both Nolan and Lilly love having me home too. There is no rushing in the morning, no major commitments, and no limitations when it comes to the fun we have each day.
Some days are packed with excitement, while other days are just the opposite. Mike was shocked to find us all sleeping (still in our p.j.'s) when he came home from work at 4:30 one day this week!! All I could tell him was the kids voted on a pajama day, and majority rules...oh the joys of summer!!!
The kids and I went out to enjoy the beautiful weather today, by walking through one of my favorite parks. The flower beds at Munsinger Gardens in St. Cloud are gorgeous. The kids loved feeding the ducks (which I found out is illegal- thankfully not the hard way), throwing rocks into the river, running on the trail, and making wishes in the big wishing well. We spent a little over an hour observing God's beauty and enjoying each other's company. After our hike, the kids and I stopped for a fruit smoothie. It was a refreshing treat and a perfect way to end our morning excursion.
The simplicity of the walk through the park + their curiosity + their exceptional behavior + a beautiful day made for a wonderful morning. It's moments like this that make me stop and think, "Wow! I love being a mom! I love my kids!...and I love the fact that we can spend time together doing the simple things!"





No comments:
Post a Comment