Friday, June 26, 2009

Here We Go Again!

We are big fans of parades in the summer time...or at least the kids are. So anytime we hear of a parade that is not too far from home, we venture out as a family to take in the marching bands and candy. Tonight's happened to be in Sauk Rapids. I've always enjoyed this one because it's in my home town, and often times I get to bump into people I know. We took my grandma to the parade with us this year, so she too could enjoy all the people and music.
' Mike was so nice to go and put down chairs and blankets for us this morning, because finding a seat at starting time is near impossible. The kids could sit right along the curb or run around in the open grass behind us. This turned out to be a blessing, because the parade lasted close to three hours, and there is no way any of us could have sat still the entire time!

Honoring our Flag

Brandon is beating the heat w/ a yummy ice cream cone.
It turned out to be a VERY HOT night, so ice cold treats hit the spot.

Matt and Ellie tried to get a little relief under Lilly's princess umbrella.

Celina and I moved Grandma back into the shade. Thank goodness there was a little for us all to take a break in. We could still see the bands...that is if we weren't busy talking! It was nice for the three of us to visit and get caught up. :)

The princesses are of course a highlight for Lilly (other than the candy!), when we saw these three walking back to their car at the end of the parade we asked if they would pose for a picture w/ the kids. I believe they were honored to have the kids so in ahhhh over them.
It was a fun night for everyone!

No comments: