
When the men go hunting...the women go shopping! This has been a tradition for my grandma, mom, sister, and I for as long as I can remember. The first weekend in November is always set aside for our annual shopping trip. In past years, we've ventured down to the Twin Cities to experience bigger malls, plays at the Chanhassen Dinner Theatre, and new restaurants. The weather is always so unpredictable this time of year, but we've forged through rain, ice, and snow to make our girls' weekend work.
Now that Celina and I have kids, it is a little more difficult to get away for a long day. Mike is the only one who doesn't riffle hunt, so he gets stuck with all the kids. I shouldn't say stuck, because he really doesn't mind. He's not only an amazing dad, but a one of a kind uncle who has no problem keeping them entertained and out of trouble. Because of the kids, we have started staying closer to home. Today we met at Grizzly's for lunch and shopped at our mall. We also made it to Fleet Farm's Toyland and put a dent in our Christmas shopping. We hunted for deals and seemed to gather quite a few before the day ended. I always look forward to this weekend and hope that the tradition will continue for years to come.





No comments:
Post a Comment