I cannot believe we will be saying good-bye to another year tonight! How can it be 2010 when it feels like we just celebrated the start of 2009? The year has flown by...I can honestly say that it does go faster as we get older. Someone told me this would happen, and it is most certainly true. Maybe it's because we're so much busier (especially since the kids have come into the picture) or could it be that many exciting and challenging responsibilities have been added to our lives as we continue to grow older? Whatever the case may be, times flies by!
I took about an hour today to go back and look at everything our family has done over the year. Close to 150 journal entries were documented this year as evidence of the fun times we shared, the projects we completed, the challenges we faced, and the memories we made. Blogging is something I've enjoyed doing over the past two years, and hearing that my family members and close friends also enjoy keeping tabs on us, helps keep me on track (even when life seems to be spinning out of control). It's days like today, that I am so grateful for the hours I've spent journaling about the happenings in the Houghton house. There is no way I would be able to remember all the "little" things that took place in 2009 without it. What seemed "little" at the time, seem "big" to me today.
Both of the kids have grown and changed so much over the year. Many milestones were reached, celebrations were shared, and big changes took place in our home(s) this past year. We have so much to be thankful for! The year 2009 was wonderful...a year that (because of this blog) I/we can cherish forever! Happy New Year everyone...best wishes for a happy, healthy, fun, memorable,and rewarding 2010!
I took about an hour today to go back and look at everything our family has done over the year. Close to 150 journal entries were documented this year as evidence of the fun times we shared, the projects we completed, the challenges we faced, and the memories we made. Blogging is something I've enjoyed doing over the past two years, and hearing that my family members and close friends also enjoy keeping tabs on us, helps keep me on track (even when life seems to be spinning out of control). It's days like today, that I am so grateful for the hours I've spent journaling about the happenings in the Houghton house. There is no way I would be able to remember all the "little" things that took place in 2009 without it. What seemed "little" at the time, seem "big" to me today.
Both of the kids have grown and changed so much over the year. Many milestones were reached, celebrations were shared, and big changes took place in our home(s) this past year. We have so much to be thankful for! The year 2009 was wonderful...a year that (because of this blog) I/we can cherish forever! Happy New Year everyone...best wishes for a happy, healthy, fun, memorable,and rewarding 2010!





No comments:
Post a Comment