Monday, December 21, 2009

Lilly's Christmas Wish

Lilly really seemed to enjoy her visit with Santa, but hasn't been completely honest with me about what it was she asked him for this year. The minute she stepped off of his lap, she was tight lipped about what it was she wanted and when I would ask her, she would only smile at me. I played 20 questions with her, thinking it would be easy to get it out of her...but it honestly wasn't. I asked her if she asked him for an Easy Bake Oven? The answer I got was....No. Did you ask him for a doll house? No, again was her reply. How about Littlest Pet Shop? Nope! Did you ask him for a new doll? No, I didn't mommy. What did you ask Santa for Lilly??????? It was then, that she told me she had told Santa that he could bring her anything. I thought this was pretty sweet, and also thought she would be happy with just about anything.

Well....about a week ago, she was having a private conversation with her Grandpa Jim in the car on the way to the cities. She told him that she had asked Santa for Zhu Zhu pets. She also told grandpa that she had a lot of toys already, and that Santa might not be able to bring them for her. (This makes me wonder if Santa is helping all the moms and dads out there who are frantically searching for the "Toy of the Year"... so these little boys and girls who so desperately want them, won't get disappointed Christmas morning...when there are NO Zhu Zhu pets under the tree!) Thanks Santa!

Anyway, my dad filled me in with the latest revelation. So, I again questioned Lilly about what it was she asked for. Our stubborn, or should I say our "strong willed" child still wouldn't fill me in on her secret. I didn't want to ask about the Zhu Zhu pet thing, because if it really was what she asked for, I was in trouble and needed to start hunting...now! or two months ago!!!
Celina had filled me in on a place that carried them and I was able to score on a couple of items. We even ended up ordering two accessories from her I Phone in the middle of the Disney on Ice show. (That alone shows you how desperate I was to find these!)

The truth came out this weekend...only because I think I caught her off guard. She mentioned after a late bath on Saturday night, that she wanted Zhu Zhu pets. I played dumb and acted like I had never heard of them before. I wanted her to explain them to me, to see if she really knew what it was they were, how they worked, and if this whole "wanting" them was legitimate. Sure enough, she knew everything!!! I give the T.V. commercials credit~ they have my three year old SOLD!...and her mom too!

Let's just hope the Ebay sleigh arrives before Santa's on Christmas Eve! ;)



Check them out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rl85OM_GuLQ&feature=player_embedded

No comments: