





As a parent, it is our job to feel proud of our children. It is only natural to want to share their success stories with others. Not in a way that comes across as bragging, but in a way that says, "WOW! Look at what Nolan/Lilly can do."
Most of the time, our kids take us by surprise...either by the things they say, or the things they do. I often have to ask Mike, "Did you teach them that?" Ninety percent of the time, I get a "No, did you?" response. Sometimes, we simply look at each other with widened eyes, which means; "Where did that come from?" Nolan and Lilly continually amaze us.
I often wish my brain could retain what theirs did. They are like sponges, soaking in everything they hear and see. And to be honest, I wish they didn't repeat and act out everything they've witnessed! =0) I guess it goes with their "job description"!
We had a little down time tonight (amazing in itself), so we dug out some puzzles. Nolan has been doing the 24 piece puzzles since he was about 2 1/2, and has always loved them. Lilly on the other hand, has had NO interest...until tonight. She received a couple of puzzles for her birthday and was actually excited about giving it a try. Diligently, she worked on the living room floor, while Nolan assembled his on the coffee table nearby. They both insisted on doing them on their own. So there Mike and I sat, AMAZED! Lilly, slowly but surely, got hers together... as did Nolan. Although Nolan has been doing them for quite some time, tonight he completed his first 100 piece puzzle...on his first try, with NO help!
Every parent hopes for a big future for their children. It's only natural to want the best for them. Mike and I look at these milestones and pray that they continue to grow and be successful.





No comments:
Post a Comment