
Child:
I’m having trouble thpeaking thinthe I lotht my little tooth.
Jutht yethterday my tooth wath fine—today it wiggled loothe.
At firtht I thought it thilly
At firtht I thought it thilly
when my tooth fell out today,
but no one theemth to underthtanda thingle word I thay.
I athked my mom to clothe the door. She thaid,
Mom:
That would be rude.
I athked my mom to clothe the door. She thaid,
Mom:
That would be rude.
The door does not like wearing clothes;
it’s happy in the nude.
Child:
I thaid a mouthe wath in my room
Child:
I thaid a mouthe wath in my room
and she should come and thee. She thaid,
Mom:
Your mouth is on your face;
Mom:
Your mouth is on your face;
it’s right where it should be.
Child:
I wonder if you underthtand the thircumthtanthe I’m in.
Child:
I wonder if you underthtand the thircumthtanthe I’m in.
I told her I wath feeling thick. She thaid,
Mom:
You’re looking thin
Child:
At latht she thaw how mad I wath
Mom:
You’re looking thin
Child:
At latht she thaw how mad I wath
and thought I might thtop breathing.
She laughed and thaid she didn’t mean it—
She wath only teething.
THE END!
THE END!
We discovered Nolan's first wiggly tooth yesterday. He was shocked actually! He couldn't resist wigglying it with his tongue and telling everyone he saw about it. Of course, it was exciting news... and news like this must be shared. He considered himself lucky to have a loose tooth...especially since this meant the Tooth Fairy would hopefully be paying him a visit. He didn't want Mike or I to touch it yesterday, and insisted that it would fall out on its own. I was a little worried he'd swallow it, so we kept a pretty close eye on it today. After dinner tonight, it was ready! (Even though he wasn't sure he was!) He wanted me to feed him an apple- or at least hold the apple straight so he could bite into it. That just about did the trick, but not quite. It started to bleed and was hanging on by a thread. He wanted to give up, but both Mike and I knew that it really needed to come out before he fell asleep. A little more talk about the Tooth Fairy got him fired up enough to allow Mike to give it a quick tug. A second later, he was grinning from ear to ear as we all celebrated the mithing tooth! I think the anticipation and unknown made him fearful, but once it was over, he was thrilled. He couldn't stop checking out the hole in the mirror. His tongue is drawn to the new empty space and he laughs when he takes a drink.
A tooth fell out and left a space
So big, my tongue can touch my face.
And every time I smile, I show
A space where something used to grow.
I miss my tooth as you may guess,
Lucky me, I get to brush one less.
Dear Tooth Fairy,
This is my very first tooth. Could you please let me keep it? I would be very happy if you left me a surprise under my pillow tonight. Thank you.
Love, Nolan
p.s. Neither Nolan or I wanted to part with the first missing tooth, so we decided to leave her a letter. Hopefully she'll let us keep it! =0)






No comments:
Post a Comment