This week has been a busy one. Nolan and I both survived our dentist appointments on Monday, and we are happy to report; No Cavities! However, Nolan didn't quite make it through the entire visit...he gagged while she was polishing his teeth and threw up. Thankfully, it wasn't everywhere and he was able to sit through my appointment. The prize basket kept him very busy.
We met Lincoln, Jayna, and Ellie yesterday at the sprinkler park by Lake George. It was our first time to that park, and we were all very impressed. The splash pad was very big and there was an awesome playground right next to it. Kim and Ellie joined us for pizza and popsicles at our house afterward.
Last night, I met my Bunco Buddies for dinner, conversation, and laughs. I have been getting together with this group for a couple of years now. We usually play dice/cards at one anothers' homes, but have decided to take a break from the game playing during the summer months to visit some local restaurants with patios. It is always a treat seeing everyone.
I am officially back on the saddle again....in other words, I am back to work. I went in today for the first time. I managed to get all of the classroom furniture washed and back in its place. It feels good to be that far already. However, now that I've started, I know that I will have a hard time staying away. I am hoping that if I get things the way I want it in the next couple of weeks, I can enjoy my last weeks of summer break before I am officially called back on August 25th.
Tonight, Lilly and I went to Great Grandma's house. I cleaned her house while Lilly sweetly played and bonded with Grandma. She was so sweet and the three of us had a nice time together.
Nolan continues to love going to VBS. He has learned a lot of new songs and bible verses. They have also been making some pretty cool projects. He surprised me with a stepping stone tonight. His handprint is in the middle and he decorated it with a variety of colored jewels. It is definitely a special keepsake.
The rest of the week continues to be busy for us. I will update again soon. Love to all of you!
We met Lincoln, Jayna, and Ellie yesterday at the sprinkler park by Lake George. It was our first time to that park, and we were all very impressed. The splash pad was very big and there was an awesome playground right next to it. Kim and Ellie joined us for pizza and popsicles at our house afterward.
Last night, I met my Bunco Buddies for dinner, conversation, and laughs. I have been getting together with this group for a couple of years now. We usually play dice/cards at one anothers' homes, but have decided to take a break from the game playing during the summer months to visit some local restaurants with patios. It is always a treat seeing everyone.
I am officially back on the saddle again....in other words, I am back to work. I went in today for the first time. I managed to get all of the classroom furniture washed and back in its place. It feels good to be that far already. However, now that I've started, I know that I will have a hard time staying away. I am hoping that if I get things the way I want it in the next couple of weeks, I can enjoy my last weeks of summer break before I am officially called back on August 25th.
Tonight, Lilly and I went to Great Grandma's house. I cleaned her house while Lilly sweetly played and bonded with Grandma. She was so sweet and the three of us had a nice time together.
Nolan continues to love going to VBS. He has learned a lot of new songs and bible verses. They have also been making some pretty cool projects. He surprised me with a stepping stone tonight. His handprint is in the middle and he decorated it with a variety of colored jewels. It is definitely a special keepsake.
The rest of the week continues to be busy for us. I will update again soon. Love to all of you!





No comments:
Post a Comment