Saturday, July 26, 2008

@ the Cabin

Grab the rods...we're ready to catch some "fighters"!

Nice reeling Nolan- it's a keeper.

Catch of the Day- way to go MOM!


Lilly loves to have her nails painted. She squealed when Grandma said she had red polish.


Faster Grandpa, faster!
Lilly surprisingly was very patient while we fished each day...I think the the heavy supply of treats on board helped. Cruising the lake before and after each outing was by far the best part for Lilly.


Two brave tubers + One nervous mom = Loads of FUN

Beach Beauty

Enough with the pictures already mom...this was Nolan's final pose for me.

The kids and I had a wonderful time at the lake with my Dad and Mary. The weather was beautiful, the fish were biting, and the lake was inviting. We spent many hours fishing Grandma's hot spots for "fighters". I couldn't believe the fighter I caught on Nolan's little fishing rod. The Northern actually scared the kids when I brought it into the boat. We had two delicious meals of fried fish. Lilly was a trooper and never complained about wearing her life jacket...which is a first. We told her the the boat police said she had to and we wanted her to be safe. To everyone's surprise, a friendly man on a jet ski pulled along side our boat this morning and showed us his DNR badge...both Lilly and Nolan were rewarded a free DQ ice-cream cone for wearing their life jackets. =0)
We also spent a lot of time in the water. The kids and I went tubing three times. I couldn't believe their need for speed. I think I was the only one who was nervous when we hit the big waves. They oohed and aahed, while I held on to the straps of their life jackets praying they wouldn't bounce out. We swam a couple of hours each day. Lilly loved to float in her boat, put rocks in her bucket, and dig in the sand. Nolan loved to squirt water, play Frisbee, push the dump truck through the water and beg me to do tricks. I found myself doing somersaults, handstands, and various swimming strokes to entertain him.
The kids loved spending time with their grandma and grandpa. Games were played, nails were painted, the DQ was visited, and best of all...memories were made!

No comments: