Come Grandma, walk with me...
Help me be the best kid I can be.
Take me here and take me there...
Show me now how much you care.
The many hours we share together...
Will be the times I'll remember forever.
Grandparents hold a special place in our hearts that is for sure. I feel so fortunate to have had so many years to spend with mine. My grandmother is extremely special and the two of us have a unique bond. I have so many fond memories and don't know where I would be without her. We've spent a lot of time together over that last 34 years and tradition has always been important. It brings me joy to see these traditions shared with my children. Of course, a lot has changed over the years, but one thing remains constant...our unconditional love for each other and the entire family. To see her share this love with my children makes my heart so happy. I am so glad that Nolan and Lilly have been able to get to know my grandma and spend time with her too. They get so excited when it's time to go to Grandma's house, ask if Grandma's going to be there, and wonder if the food I am wrapping up is for Grandma?
Nolan and Lilly enjoy going to their Great Grandma's house. While I help her out with miscellaneous household chores, the kids play on her computer, color, and move and play with every stuffed animal in her house. The big, 30 pound bear pictured below is a must see
when you visit. The remote controlled lamp and chair are also highlights for the kids. Lilly absolutely loves to play "wedding day" with her Willow Tree angels that are on her hutch. She stares at Celina and our wedding pictures and acts out fairytale wedding ceremonies with the figurines. We love to eavesdrop while she's busy. Speaking of eavesdropping, I love to listen to my kids visit with my Grandma. The conversation is always so innocent. They always have a lot to share with her. I can tell that my grandma is impressed by their knowledge and it pleases me to hear her share words of wisdom with them. I can't help but smile when I am listening to the three of them visit. Lilly and Nolan have learned a lot from my grandma during these conversations. Using good manners, faith, angels, treats, and my childhood days,
are a few of the topics that have sparked their interest. My grandma has taught me a lot about life too. We love her more than words can express and think she's really the greatest Great-Grandma in the world.!
And when I say my prayers at night,
I ask God to hold her tight,
Cause when it comes to giving hugs,
My grandma's arms are filled with love!
Grandparents hold a special place in our hearts that is for sure. I feel so fortunate to have had so many years to spend with mine. My grandmother is extremely special and the two of us have a unique bond. I have so many fond memories and don't know where I would be without her. We've spent a lot of time together over that last 34 years and tradition has always been important. It brings me joy to see these traditions shared with my children. Of course, a lot has changed over the years, but one thing remains constant...our unconditional love for each other and the entire family. To see her share this love with my children makes my heart so happy. I am so glad that Nolan and Lilly have been able to get to know my grandma and spend time with her too. They get so excited when it's time to go to Grandma's house, ask if Grandma's going to be there, and wonder if the food I am wrapping up is for Grandma?
Nolan and Lilly enjoy going to their Great Grandma's house. While I help her out with miscellaneous household chores, the kids play on her computer, color, and move and play with every stuffed animal in her house. The big, 30 pound bear pictured below is a must seewhen you visit. The remote controlled lamp and chair are also highlights for the kids. Lilly absolutely loves to play "wedding day" with her Willow Tree angels that are on her hutch. She stares at Celina and our wedding pictures and acts out fairytale wedding ceremonies with the figurines. We love to eavesdrop while she's busy. Speaking of eavesdropping, I love to listen to my kids visit with my Grandma. The conversation is always so innocent. They always have a lot to share with her. I can tell that my grandma is impressed by their knowledge and it pleases me to hear her share words of wisdom with them. I can't help but smile when I am listening to the three of them visit. Lilly and Nolan have learned a lot from my grandma during these conversations. Using good manners, faith, angels, treats, and my childhood days,
are a few of the topics that have sparked their interest. My grandma has taught me a lot about life too. We love her more than words can express and think she's really the greatest Great-Grandma in the world.!
And when I say my prayers at night,I ask God to hold her tight,
Cause when it comes to giving hugs,
My grandma's arms are filled with love!





1 comment:
Shannan,
That was a beautiful post about your Grandma. You are blessed to have such a wonderful relationship with her!
Post a Comment