HUGE Multi-Family Sale!
Name Brand Kids' Clothes (Gymboree and Gap),
Tons of Toys, Housewares Galore,
Scrapbooking and Stamping, Country Crafts,
Jewelry, Bedding, and Miscellaneous Goodies
you don't want to miss.
This is a MUST SEE SALE!
Preview Sale Wed., Aug. 12th from 4pm-7pm,
Thurs. 8am-5pm, and Fri. 8am-2pm.
901 21st Ave. North~ Sartell


The kids sold Lemonade, baked goods, and candy.Profit: $27.00
Each year I like to do what I call a "clean sweep" through my house. This simply means going through every closet, cupboard, and drawer to clean and reorganize the space. It also means pulling out items that haven't been touched in the past year and marking them for my yearly garage sale. I believe that if I haven't touched it, or in some cases forgot I even owned it...I probably don't need it.
With the move, I came across many sellable items. Most of the treasures came from the storage garage. When you live without half of your belongings for close to eight months, why put them back into a cupboard or closet? I forgot we even owned some of the things I unboxed from storage. Sad, I know. The date for the sale was set the day we moved in. Each box I unpacked was sorted and placed in it's new location in the house, or put back into boxes labeled "garage sale". Before I knew it, one side of the garage was filled with boxes of things that I didn't want to put in the house.
If you have ever had a garage sale, you can empathize with how much work they are...but it you haven't, beware! At one point, I contemplated taking all the boxes in the garage to the Goodwill and forgetting about it. I was so tired from moving and unpacking that I wasn't sure it was going to be worth all the time and energy. Well, thank goodness I stuck with it. After gathering 10 eight foot tables, seven card tables, one clothes rack, marking hundreds of items, placing the ad in the paper, and putting out a half dozen signs... I was ready for business.
Cars were lined up in front of our house close to an hour before we opened. Ladies seriously poured into my garage the minute I put the doors up. It reminded me of the "Day After Thanksgiving"...where people wait outside of Best Buy and then form lines to the back of the store the minute the doors open just to get the hot deals.
A few ladies actually took empty boxes from the back of my garage to load up their loot. It was quite a sight! $1400 was made in the first two hours! I guess you could say it was worth the effort. Many of my friends brought items to sell as well. When it was all said and done, $2500 was made and just a couple of boxes were brought to the Goodwill. It felt good to not have to store those unwanted items in the house...and of course make a little money for new treasures.





No comments:
Post a Comment