Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A Big Surprise

I was all packed and ready to go to the beach on Saturday, when Mike walked in with a suitcase and told me I had 20 minutes to pack. I looked at him very confused, because this wasn't what we had planned for the day. Of course, I began asking questions because the planner/organizer in me wasn't comfortable at that moment with the quick change in plans. With a little nervousness, excitedness, and extreme curiosity, I did as I was told. He didn't tell me where we were headed, so I put three different outfits into the suitcase and followed him out the door 10 minutes later. He had already packed the kids, rearranged all the weekend plans, and gathered what he needed for our Mystery 10 Year Anniversary Trip.

We had made plans to celebrate our anniversary on the actual day (July 17th), so it really took me by surprise. Mike has always been good a surprising me. He is honestly the best gift giver. He has been known to go above and beyond when it comes to spoiling me. I definitely caught a keeper!

The kids were dropped off at his mom's and we left town at the exact time we had planned to leave for the beach...which I later found out was planned too. My stepmom, Mary, had changed the time on me earlier in the week. At that time, I didn't think anything of it, but could now see that many people were in on this surprise.

Minneapolis became our destination and off we went. Mike told me he had to use the bathroom about 50 minutes into the journey...which I thought nothing of at the time...until I got out of the car. I was about to go into the gas station, when out walks Denell with a dozen roses in her hand. I was SHOCKED! My mind couldn't put together how she got there fast enough. Her and Kevin stood there smiling, and told us we were there to pick them up. This of course excited me even more. It is always fun having good friends nearby...even if it is an anniversary trip.

Back on the highway we went. Mike pulled in the Grave's Hotel downtown Minneapolis...which even blew Denell's socks off! We were both pleasantly surprised by Mike's taste in hotels. (Way to go Mike!) They escorted us up to our room and we toured the hotel. Mike had brought a handful of options, but told me I could choose what I wanted to do. He told me we had 8:00 reservations somewhere and the rest of the day was mine.

I was up for anything...so off we went...having nothing but a good time in downtown Minneapolis. You can view our day below:



It was perfect... like a fairy tale. Mike is an amazing husband and father.
I am so lucky to be his wife!

No comments: